Friday, February 26, 2010

bailey briefs

As I sit here polishing off a lovely square (or two or three) of Ghiradelli chocolate squares, I wonder how I've missed out on the nirvana that is 60% cacao, or higher. Did I really go 25 years thinking Hershey's chocolate is the best out there? How mistaken I was...

I don't even like chocolate that much, but recently a bite or two of dark chocolate has made my palate sing. I discovered 14 days of Dark Chocolate at Starbucks and almost danced. Milk chocolate tastes like pure sugar now, I crave the bitterness of a dark chocolate bar. so good.

(**as a side note -- The dove peppermint bark over the holidays was bangin'. it should be for sale year round.)

My buddy Dave recently did a story about Huntington's own Chiammaya chocolates. Total Chocolate Indulgence has 71 percent cacao. That is next on my list.

----

I took my poor sniffling, teething baby to get pictures taken today. He is 6 months old and I want 6 month pictures, not 7 month pictures! (yes, mother dearest...) We had an appointment last week and canceled because he was so sick he couldn't stay awake long enough. He didn't feel much better today but I risked it.

I'm glad Paul over at Boekell Photography is so patient, and glad Bodhi is so cute without even trying, or we'd be in trouble. He was not a happy camper. Even so, I am excited to see my photos, the studio is gorgeous. Bodhi might have some snot on his face, but that's ok. Most 6-month-old baby do.


---

on the menu tonight: fried rice and possible installation of a new car seat. it's an exciting life.





3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see Bodhi's photos! Paul is an AMAZING photographer! How costly was the shoot? I'd love to get the kids photos done, Willow's coming up on 8 months and the only photos I have are ones I've done. I simply haven't had the time to do some really good photos of her, I'll kick myself for that later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristy, it was $89 for an hour in studio and 7 sheets of photos, plus an online gallery. And you can pick different poses on the same sheet. I think it was $45 for half an hour. Also, he was so patient and let me momma Bodhi and take our time instead of rushing through everything. And I take so many photos of Bodhi, some of which are really good. However, I am treating myself a few times for professional pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome, thanks for letting me know! I still can't wait to see the shots!!

    ReplyDelete